Five things you can do to diet without dieting
After years of bad eating habits and lack of exercise, dieting is not easy. You may have a busy schedule and you don’t feel comfortable following strict meal plans. Besides, there isn’t always time to cook or buy healthy, organic, low-calorie food. In this case, here are some things that you can do to diet without actually dieting.
- Reduce your portions. Very often, you eat more than you need, only because you have the food in front of you. In restaurants, they often serve man-sized portions of food, and you feel obligated to eat it only because you are paying for it. To get rid of some weight without struggling, you can simply cut your portions in half. You can share your order with a friend, or you can use a smaller plate every time you eat at home.
- Give up soda. One small thing that you can do is to give up sugary drinks. A can of regular soda contains the equivalent of 7 teaspoons of sugar, which is much more than you need per day.
- Eat three meals and two snacks every day. It might seem strange that you have to eat more, but this will have a positive effect on your health. When you eat regularly and at the same time every day, you allow your stomach to digest the food properly. Besides, you will not feel hungry as often and your cravings will slowly disappear.
- Understand your cravings. Very often, when you crave something sweet, you are tempted to eat a cookie or a piece of cake. When you crave something salty, you eat chips. In reality, your body is craving glucose and sodium, and you can get this from natural sources like apples, bananas, and veggies.
- Drink water. Water will help with your digestion. It will increase your metabolism and help you feel active and less hungry during the day.